HOME    ABOUT    INSPIRATION    SUBSCRIBE   

Monday, August 6, 2012

out of many, one people




Derek and I are just bursting with excitement for our trip to Jamaica in a few weeks.

I can't wait for Derek to see my "other half" (he has already been to Germany!), to meet the local people, eat the local food, and soak up the culture. 

I have a feeling that he is especially going to enjoy the food. He actually passed up my offer to make him a Jamaica breakfast of Ackee and Saltfish this weekend, saying "I'm saving my appetite for Jamaica".
I could hardly believe my ears.


This is a very special year to visit Jamaica, because it marks 50 years as an independent nation.


Today, August 6th, on Jamaica's 50th Independence Day, the Jamaican flag will be raised and the Jamaican national anthem will be played in London's Olympic Stadium in honor of Usain Bolt's gold medal in the 100m!

Beautiful coincidence.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Follow Me on Pinterest