HOME    ABOUT    INSPIRATION    SUBSCRIBE   

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Congrats, Jan!



“Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. 
If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.”
- Mahatma Gandhi


I have had this post in draft for far too long, never feeling like I could find the perfect words to describe such a momentous occasion.


This fall, Derek's wonderful mother, who is every bit a second mother to be, accomplished something truly remarkable. After years of hard work, she walked across the stage at Constitution Hall on October 1st and obtained her undergraduate degree! With grace, she had juggled her family, working full time, and a heavy course load. She showed me what it means to be determined, to have resolve, and to be brave.


So here's to Jan, to never giving up, and to running however many miles it takes to chase your dreams.


(click the play button below to see her walk across the stage!)




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Follow Me on Pinterest