HOME    ABOUT    INSPIRATION    SUBSCRIBE   

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

christmas traditions

My favorite part of the holiday season is the traditions. This year Derek and I started some of our own family traditions since it was the first Christmas we were out of school and did not visit our families for the entire winter break. But our first tradition was actually started exactly 5 years ago! Time flies! In 2006, Derek gifted me with the ornament below..


This year we picked out one that would remind of us of the year we moved to Maryland! I just love that little crab!



Another tradition that we started was cutting down our own Christmas tree! Derek is a perfectionist and I am extremely indecisive, so our visit to the Christmas tree farm took about 4 hours.



Derek was so amazing to lug that cart around the entire time, and I kept an eye on our little reindeer as she checked out the trees for herself. Eventually we found one to take home, standing just a few feet from where we had parked.




On Christmas Eve-Eve, the night that we cuddle up and exchange gifts, we drove in to Baltimore's Little Italy to get cannoli from Vaccarro's. We had been looking forward to this ever since we ate cannoli at the famous Mike's Pastry in Boston!



What are your family holiday traditions? I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Follow Me on Pinterest